[OM] FW: OM lens to EOS body adapter

Subject: [OM] FW: OM lens to EOS body adapter
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:02:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomoko Yamamoto [mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 9:04 PM
To: cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OM lens to EOS body adapter

Hi Chip,

The adapter costed 18,480 Yen including Japanese sales tax last year..
Therefore it would be $184.80 plus shipping as the exchange rate is
close to 100 Yen to the dollar.  Shipping is from Japan.  The adapter is
a small thing,
and it does not take much space or weight.  Shipping from Japan is cost
effective because Japanese air mail rates have improved considerably in
the past few years. Let's assume airmail small packet shipping and it
costs $10. (Actual postage will be certainly around $5-7 depending on
the destination, but I would need to buy some shipping supplies for
this).  Therefore the total is $194.80.

Would you mind posting to the list that the adapter would cost $200 a
piece including shipping from Japan and I would like an advance
payment?

I don't mind ordering one for you, but I would rather do an order for
several pieces, if I have to take a trouble to inquire first and place
an order through my brother in Tokyo.  I am going to Japan in mid May,
and since it took several weeks at the minimum last time, I would like
to check the availability first and place an order at a store in Japan.
The key is to get the adapters while I am in Japan, which will be
through the end of May.

If this does not work out this time, I'll try again during my January
visit.

--
Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx