[OM] OM-4Ti problems with Auto mode

Subject: [OM] OM-4Ti problems with Auto mode
From: Sean Chan <Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 01:36:36 +0900
Hello all,

My OM-4Ti appears to have developed a problem during its transportation
from Perth, Western Australia to Tokyo (yes Chris Biggs, I moved to
Tokyo!!).

The funny thing is that it's not really completely dead. The meter
still works but only in manual mode. Switching to Auto makes no
difference, it still looks as though I'm in Manual Mode.

Thus in Auto :-

1) same LED patterns are lit up like in manual mode
2) the selected/set shutter speed is active (i.e. no aperture priority
   override).
3) Loss of multi-spot capability

Effectively my OM-4Ti has boiled down to a glorified OM-1 (no offence
intended :-))!! I've tried :-

1) changing batteries which it has drained in 5 days
2) the reset method of setting to B and flicking back and forth
   between Auto/Manual.

Both to no avail. Not being able to speak Japanese it's been rather
tough for me to get it serviced or at least quoted too and I have
to submit the quote to the insurance company real soon.

Anyone has encountered this before that there's a quick fix??

Thanks in advance,
Sean
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)