[OM] Yet another OM-1n battery question

Subject: [OM] Yet another OM-1n battery question
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:13:57 -0400
I appologize in advance if this topic has been beaten to death previously.
I've attempted to search the archives for it with no luck, and I get error
messages ("404 not found") when trying to access both the "Official" and
"Unofficial"  Oly FAQs as well as when trying to see the "Olympus System
Mod. and Maint. site.

My question is this: It seems that Paul "The Olympus Guy" recommends one
type of OM-1 battery adaptor, and Camtech seems to prefer something else.
Well, the longtime camera repair guy that sold me my OM-1n claims that
neither is necessary for the cameras he sells, because he says he modifies
the meters to use the Varta V625 PX.

I trust the guy who sold me this camera to do what he thinks is best, and
trust that he would not purposely mislead me, but I'm not clear on whether
the mod he mentions is correct in the longterm. Nor do I know specifically,
what he does to the meters. Assuming that all he's doing is recalibrating
them, will this battery hurt my meter in the long run?

Recommendations appreciated,
Mike Swaim --