[OM] Sticky Bellows Aperture

Subject: [OM] Sticky Bellows Aperture
From: "Riek, Christopher" <christopher.riek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:19:36 -0400
I recently got the Olympus bellows for doing some macro work. Unfortunately
I've found that the aperture mechanism in the front is REALLY sticky. Almost
to the point that it doesn't move at all. Neither the cable nor the lever will
stop
down the lens without taking off the lens and using a bit of thumbnail pressure
on the actual mechanism arm. I know that I should take it to have it cleaned
by a professional, but I want to keep using it. Does anyone have any home
remedies for this?
-Chris Riek