[OM] compatability of lenses for slr and rangefinder cameras questions

Subject: [OM] compatability of lenses for slr and rangefinder cameras questions
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 23:32:18 EDT
oops sorry if that last empty thread got through.

Pardon the far fetched thought.
Has it ever been possible for lenses to fit both slr and rangefinder cameras? I've read threads on Leica Zuiko comparisons on occasion including an article in photo techniques recently.If some of zuiko lenses compare well with or better then some leica,I wonder what would be the out come if Olympus built a rangefinder camera that these slr lenses would work on seeing there would be no mirror vibration. Or again,is it impossible to match slr lenses with rangefinders? also,if the answer IF YES, Has it ever happened historically? and who?

                                         J.S.