[OM] Upsilon and other lenses

Subject: [OM] Upsilon and other lenses
From: grigorov@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 20:10:42 -0600
Greetings to all,
Four years ago, the OM1 MD I bought came with two lenses which I have been
always
reluctant
to use(actually I never did, they basically came free, I went and bought Zuikos
afterwards).
They are Upsilon brand and were made for OM 1( it says that on the lens). Anyone
heard of
them? I thing that they might be a disguisedSigma, because have a weird font
which I have
seen on older Sigmas only.
I see constantly on ebay lenses made for OM system other than Zuiko. Considering
buying one,
but wanted to check with the gurus which brands I should avoid( if I do itand
let me know if I
should).
My son dropped my 28 mm lens and now it throws off the meter with about three
or four f-
stops. Is this an easy fix? I do not like repairing things, so please, let me
know, if it is a pain I'd
rather bid on a new one.
Thanks in advance
Bori