[OM] Hank's photo / vacation -Reply

Subject: [OM] Hank's photo / vacation -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:47:56 -0400
Even using and processing C-41, Seattle Film Wrecks was poorly rated in price,
quality, and timeliness. Usually, they say you can have any two of the three,
but this just goes to show rules were meant to be broken.

>>> Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/06/00 11:13pm >>>

Greetings OMers,

Just got back from a trip to Southern Arizona to see and photograph hummingbirds
I haven't taken a spring vacation in a few years.  I must say that for an OM
enthusiast
a photo expedition is a great way to take your mind off your troubles.

I thought of writing one of those "My OM kit contains..." but I just loaded
every bit of OM equipment
I had into a big cardboard box, put it in the car trunk, stopped at Target
picked up three of those four packs
of Kodak MAX 400, two rolls of Kodachrome 200, and three or four rolls of that
new Kodak Elitechrome.

I can't tell you how much fun it was to finally set up the 5 meter cord, the
flash connector, three 1 meter cords, and two T32's, the OM2S with a Vivitar
75-300 on a tripod right next to a big hummingbird feeder at the Nature
Conservancy spot in Ramsey Canyon in Arizona.    While I was there photographing
I met other bird watchers and retired Kodak people who suggested other fantastic
locations for bird photography.

I might send the film to Seattle Filmworks which has now changed its name to
Photoworks.com and
has retired that awful SFW red film and replaced it with a C41 film.  Has anyone
used their services lately?

Well we'll see what develops -- if they turn out can I enter the ADITL or other
OM group contest ?

Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>