[OM] My kid's street photography shot

Subject: [OM] My kid's street photography shot
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:00:22 -0400

As you know I'm getting rid of much of my Oly stuff on ebay but I'm holding onto my OM1, 24 2.8, 28 2.8, 35 2.8, 50 1.4, and 100 2.8. Partly for sentimental reasons, partly cuz my daughter is showing signs of graduating from her Elph Jr.

My daughter is 16 now, and she definitely has the artistic temperament.

A few weeks ago I took her on a NYC street photography tour from 16th Street and 8th Avenue to 34th Street and 6th Avenue. I did the shooting, she did the watching, but she has admitted my speaking to her as I was shooting (and seeing the work later) had some influence (altho at the time she seemed too embarrassed for words!)

She's always been pretty good with what she does best, taking casual portraits of her circle of friends, but recently she had a chance to go out alone with my OM1 and 50 1/4. She was asked by her school as part of some extra credit assignment to document Lincoln Center and its environs. She came up with a shot that I really thought was good, certainly has the SP spirit, even if it could be a bit closer in... anyway there's a lot happening in the image and if anyone wants to take a look and comment I'll be sure to pass it along to the kid...

http://dentontaylor.com/lincoln_center.htm

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.