Re: [OM] OT Egg shapes (was Disappointment...)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Egg shapes (was Disappointment...)
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:54:15 +0100
Keith wrote:

>Aren't comments like that sacrilege in Wales, where the egg-shaped ball
>rules? :-)

Ahem, well... But maybe not quite, because we call the game with the
egg-shaped ball "rugby" (both union and league).

There seems to be a generation growing up in America which plays soccer
(Euro translation: football), and it's about time. While I'm no huge soccer
fan (I prefer participation to spectating), but it's the most accessible of
games. Two pullovers and some kind of ball (I've even played with a cricket
ball, a baseball and a volleyball before now!), and you have a game.

Simon E.