Re: [OM] OM10 & OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10 & OM2000
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:38:53 -0700
I would suggest the OM1.
It is fully mechanical so the student has to learn how to use
f stops and shutter speeds.
Actually, it doesn't even have to be an OM.
Any mechanical SLR would do.
Being as you already have some lenses and are an OM family
makes it even better to get another OM and the OM1 will be with her a long
time.

Here in the states most students are starting out with a Canon Rebel.
I doubt many will ever learn anything properly.
Even my niece got one and I tried to talk her out of it.
Hope she uses it on manual.  She is 3000 miles away so I can't check up on
her.

Charlie Loeven