Re: [OM]OM to Digital ...One more comment(Leica S1)

Subject: Re: [OM]OM to Digital ...One more comment(Leica S1)
From: Tatu Laitinen <sara.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:36:33 +0300

Tom Trottier wrote:

> Hi Phillip
>
> I'd like to see a multi-system back that takes a front connector for
> all the major systems - OM, Nikon, Canon, Leica. Since there's no
> mirror, there's lots of room for connectors. You could even have
> autofocus by having the image plane move.
>
> Instead of the 2:3 ratio, we could have a square (e.g. 44mm) or 8x10
> aspect ratio that makes use of more of the image circle.

Hi Tom,
there is at least one camera (with 3 different models) that has connectors for
the following
lenses::

OLYMPUS M42, Leica M & R lenses, Zeiss/Hassselblad, Nikon, Canon FD, Minolta
MD, Pentax, Mamiya
645pro, Sinar P(S1 can be used as a film standard).

The camera is LEICA S1 (Alpha, Pro, HighSpeed). The S1 Pro version has Max.
resolution of
5140x5140 (enough space for cropping). It has contrast range of 11 aperture
stops, two file
sizes depending on the colors used 48Bit:152MB!! and 24bit:76MB!!! It can
handle halogen
lights, fluorescent lights and HMI lights. There is also a tilt-shift-adapter
for Hasselblad
lenses. Its very nicely designed and can be connected to a computer with a
fiberclass cable. On
Pro model it takes about 3 minutes to scan entire image on highest resolution!
The S1HighSpeed
is a bit faster, 20 secs. :) It doesn´t store images internaly so you have to
carry a laptop
with you..

..."In matters of shadow- and highlight detail rendition, rich contrast range,
shrapness and
color fidelity, even with highly complex subjects, images created with LEICA S1
camera are
clearly superior to images photographed on conventional transparency films."....

(Just another toy from the "Leica:the program" catalog)    8)

_
Tatu J.Laitinen