Re: [OM] Re: Focus, Focusing, Optics

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Focus, Focusing, Optics
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 06:30:35 -0800 (PST)
   Matt is correct that the screen is very close to
your eye, that is why the eyepiece is a magnifier. I
think that the OM-1 viewfinder system is set up so
that the screen is at an apparent distance of 1 meter,
so if you hold, say a poster at 40 inches from your
eye and can see it clearly you should be able to use
an OM -1/2 wiewfinder without correction. If, on the
otherhand you need to use your glasses to see the
poster clearly, then you would use them with the
camera also. The OM-3/4 have adjustable diopter
eyepieces that can be set to compensate for simple
nearsighted or farsightedness. This is my
understanding of this subject but I would imagine
Susan(The Eye Guy) could no doubt provide a more
concise explaination.    John Robison