[OM] Battery handling... was [OM] om2sp

Subject: [OM] Battery handling... was [OM] om2sp
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:54:39 -0500
In my case the taped-together batteries go straight from the camera body
into a plastic film can and thence to a pocket in the gadget bag with
the spare batteries.  You wouldn't want to forget your spares would you?
:)

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

> To make for easier and quicker handling of the
> batteries I tape two of them together as a cylinder by using a narrow
> band of tape around the perimeter.  I'm sure it saves only a few seconds
> but I find that I am more likely now to actually remove the batteries
> since I started doing this.

That's a neat idea... but it precludes my favourite method of battery
preservation: teeny slip of paper between the cells which can be removed
and slid down the side when the camera is in use.  That way, the cells
are always in the camera so you don't accidentally go out without them.