Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:55:39 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Harridge, Wayne wrote:

> the security guard said it was not allowed by the centre management (I was
> using my OM-1 with 50mm f1.4 at the time).

   It's private property, and they can make up the rules as they see fit.
I have found that if I go in with an OM-3 & winder, and 24/2.0 (or F4
and 50/1.2) a guard materializes instantly. OTOH, with an XA, it rarely
happens.
  Tripods are regarded (appropriately) as the sign of a pro at work, and
many places want to milk them via permits. Both overseas and in the US.
Permits can be reasonable or outrageous, but they always seem to take
time to get (and a trip to whomever is dispensing them, of course).
  I have to admit that this is one of the things that is driving me
towards Canon's (and now Nikon's) IS technology.

                                          *= Doris Fang =*