RE: [OM] 50mm f1.2 contrast

Subject: RE: [OM] 50mm f1.2 contrast
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:03:19 +1000
Giles writes:

> I'll most likely never buy a 50mm f/1.2 Zuiko.  To me, the 50mm f/1.4
> >1,000,000 serial number one is a keeper, as is a 50mm f/1.8 "Made in Japan,"
> as is a 50mm f/2 Macro Zuiko.

Sorry, I haven't been around the list to understand this reference to
the f1.8. I had two of these lenses, one was older and had metal
aperture ring, the other was newer and had the "split" lens mount. Both
are now stolen (along with lots others) but I am keen to get another OM1
and 50 f1.8. What are other identifying features I should look for?

Thanks

Vaughan