Re: [OM] Panning (was Sigma APO 400/...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Panning (was Sigma APO 400/...)
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:31:36 -0000
Simon Evans wrote:
>...The panning isn't easy, the failure
>rate is high. Perseverance and cheap film help, and I try to remind myself
>of tips while I'm standing there...
>

>From what panning I've done I've concluded that once you've decided where
the next rider is likely to be and you've pre-focused on that spot, the SLR
viewfinder ceases to be of much help. There's not much hope of re-focusing
in time and not being able to see outside the frame of your taking lens is a
definite disadvantage. I had been looking for some sort of accessory shoe
mounted adjustable action direct viewfinder up the time they discontinued
the Vintage Motorcycle Club's annual Tour of Birmingham. A different speed
range, I know, but the principles are the same.

I like your website bike pictures, even if a bit disappointed when going to
the two called 'Vincent.' I was hoping to see a couple of Vincent Black
Shadow or even Comet action shots 'cos I'm not au fait with the names of
current riders. I'm afraid modern motorcycles impress me as much as
'wunderbricks' do - they both may be efficient and technically advanced, but
why do they have to look so bland or ugly?

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry