Re: [OM] OM 77 (707)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 77 (707)
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:14:39 EST

> - no exposure compensation with Zuikos.
>  -
You can sort of get around this by looking at the f stop and shutter speed
readout , aiming camera at the sky or dark area and pushing the AE lock when
you reach the desired exposure. And for AF control for off center subjects
you can press the shutter halfway until it acquires focus and then recompose.
 The one capability that many new AF cameras lack is the infrared focus
light, which allows focus in total darkness.

Maybe one of the best things of this system is the AF 70-200 lens (which I am
trying to find an inexpensive version of) which tested very high on old
ColorFoto tests.

I just picked up an OM77 body for $31 on eBay as is but was only missing the
battery door, for which I had a spare. My Sigma 28-70 was only $45 and the
Sigma 70-200 was only $55.  So this is the family pic camera for me loaded
with C41 at all times and you can put together a cheap system for only a few
bucks.

Warren

Warren