Re: [OM] [OT] one advantage of imperial units...beer in pints!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] one advantage of imperial units...beer in pints!
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Mar 2000 14:08:23 +1000
Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> Ugh, VB? I said you could make an off-colour joke, but that's taking it too
> far! If only you'd given me your address I could send you some real beer
> like Boags or Coopers or Southwark :-)
> Dylan

Better VB than that "ice beer" rubbish.  Of course I grew up on XXXX
so my palate is probably ruined.  For some reason, Brisbane is overrun
with Irish pubs, so I'm tending toward Kilkenny for serious recovery,
or Guinness for those really bad days.

> PS To anyone who gets those "Fosters: Australian for beer" tv ads - IT'S A
> LIE! Nobody here drinks the stuff.

Too right.  Horrible stuff, it is.

ObOly: They wouldn't let the plebs use their cameras at the Highland
        Park whiskey distillery (Orkney), due to fear of the flash
        setting off an alcohol fume or grain dust explosion.  OM1 to
        the rescue...

The Doris Fang Twelve Step Program, Item 11.99:
        "I've gotta have an OM-3 dear, for those times when it's too
        dangerous to use the electronic bodies"

cjb

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |