Re: [OM] FS 24/2.8 Bgn! was - 24 mm lens again

Subject: Re: [OM] FS 24/2.8 Bgn! was - 24 mm lens again
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:31:45 -0500

To:       olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From:     Steven Read/CAM/Lotus @ NOTES@ALPHABETA
Date:     03/07/2000 03:31:45 PM

Being a business man (NOT!) you have incited me into a sales post.  Long winded
"opportunity" follows:  I've been burned in an Ebay transaction four times.
Having mentioned that and attempting to circumvent libel laws I'd like to say
that I have a lens that I purchased via Ebay from "Pittsburgh Camera Exchange"
aka "Bernie's Photo".  The description was more or less accurate (Ex/Ex+ etc)
and there was a good picture of the lens.  Sadly, they didn't mention the lens
ring damage but if you really studied the photo you might have noticed it.  I
certainly should have.  I should also have tested the dratted thing and returned
it immediately, I didn't.  I waited over a week to shoot with it and didn't
notice until I got the shots back.  I paid their reserve and with shipping ended
up paying about $190 for:

OM-SYSTEM H.ZUIKO AUTO-W 1:2,8 f=24mm 109850

a single coated, silver ring Zuiko 24/2.8 with nice glass, slight brassing and
the aforementioned ring damage - straightened enough so you can get a
filter/hood on it.  But... wide open it's soft in the corners.  Stopped down to
f8 it goes back to tack sharp.  It might be OK at lower f-stops, but I only
tested 2.8 (where it's definately not), 8 and 16.  So anybody want an Zuiko
24/8? usefull for those tripod mounted shots?  or as a donor rear element?  I'd
like to only lose half of my "investment" if someone else can use this thing so
I'm asking $95 including shipping within the US and anywhere else $5 will ship
it to.  Slight preference given to a restorer otherwise first come first served.
Your silence will be understood ;-)

* * * Previous Memo History * * *

From:  bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx @ ALPHABETA