Re: [OM] Sporty snaps was mega-flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] Sporty snaps was mega-flashes
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:39:45 -0800
Back from vacation and wading through the digests...

Interesting thoughts on flash and sports work. One would think in auto
racing photography that flash would be out of the question...for obvious
reasons.

At one track last season (American Le Mans Series event) the track's
official photographer specifically stated "no flash!" at the media
photographer's safety meeting. At another track (CART series event) no
mention was made at the safety meeting and I couldn't believe how many
photographers were using fill flash.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me to fire off a flash in the eyes of a
driver who is on the ragged edge...but I guess we all do what we think
we gotta do to get our shot.

At stick and ball events I see flash used a lot...from the stands. Most
working pros along the sidelines seem to use really fast lenses and fast
film.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com