Re: [OM] Zuiko 75-150 mm f4 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 75-150 mm f4 problem
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:28:23 +0800
Hi Helge,

There are three screws under the rubber focusing ring, remove the
rubber ring and loosen the screws a bit then you can adjust the
focusing scale position. The procedure is: zoom to wide side
(75mm), focus to distant object (a few miles away), loosen the
screws, turn the focusing ring to infinity, fix the screws (better
fix one screw first, you may need to come back to this adjustment
later).

There are also two adjustment screws under the zooming ring, remove
the rubber zoom ring, turn to 75mm focal length position you can see
them under two holes. Loosen the screws a bit and you can now make
zoom alignment. This is necessary only when you find the focus changed
during zooming. This adjustment also associated with the front lens
group position, remove the lens hood you should found some screws
which fix the front lens group, loosen them and make the adjustment
by turning the front lens group in and out (normally done at long end,
150mm in this case).

The adjustment need back and forth a few times to complete, not an
easy job, actually not recommended.

I had made lots of lens adjustments in the pass (long time ago)
including Zuiko 35-105, 28-48, 75-150, 100-200, 65-200, 35-70/3.6
and some fixed Zuikos. It was fun but now I almost has what I needed,
not much new collections. Also I got an electric dry box, no more
fungus. Before that, I need to clean my Zuikos yearly!

C.H.Ling