Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy (BW's last comments)

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy (BW's last comments)
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 08:14:30 EST
>Tom, it is my opinion that you are (intentionally or not)using this
list as
>a captured audience to finance your personal gains way beyond simply
putting
>together a nice Olympus system.

I don't have a problem with Tom making a profit. OM gear is getting
rare enough that I believe he is doing us a great service in finding
it. What's the difference between Tom offering us a deal vs. other list
members that mention they say a piece of OM gear at a store somewhere?

>If this forum allows you this privilege, we should also allow Olympus
Guy,
>B&H Used Department and others the same privileges.  We should even
put adds
>on ebay to sell their stuff here - first!  What would be the
difference?

That's fine with me. Buying and selling gear is part of the photography
hobby for many people. The difference with Tom is that he appears to be
in it for the adventure and fun and not strictly for profit.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright