[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1493

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1493
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:24:31 -0500
At 1:02 AM -0800 3/6/00, you wrote:

Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:00:32 -0600
From: "Matt Bachofen" <bachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Re: Remote control

Ok,
    So most of you probably think of me as Mr. OT.  Well,  I'm not really
an electro-techno-wizard (that's for sure) Certainly not an engineer.  I've
been acquiring (not amassing a la TS) gear to photograph Hummingbirds and
wanted a Remote-cord.  I looked at my Winder2 and the little hole to stick
in the cord reminded me of the time I used headphones as a microphone to
record my voice,  so I grabbed my old microphone with two jacks on it and
stuck in the one that fit and turned it on.   WOO HOO  my own, albeit goofy
looking, remote.

Ha! Does speaking into it change the interval?

Pretty much anything that closes a circuit  will do for a remote -- way back
in college I built a sequence-firing button for a winder 1 that fit neatly on
top of the existing button. And a geologist friend borrowed the same circuit
for doing time-lapse photos of continental models (only problem there being the variable time before first firing using available capacitors). Someday I think
I might build something with an old watch/timer to avoid the outrageous price
of the intervalometer.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx