[OM] Bellows reverse standard thread & 45mm slide on filter

Subject: [OM] Bellows reverse standard thread & 45mm slide on filter
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:24:09 -0800
Hans,

Thanks for checking the the thread size in that reverse front bellows standard.
 Could that
thread be the other thread that's used on older cameras and filters? (look at
Kodak wratter
filters usually marked by roman numerals like VII for series 7 & so forth).
Sometimes a
half size would indicate that.  As to the Oly 45mm slide on ... it's definitely
part of the
OM Macro stuff that uses those high magnification objectives.  There is one
that will slide
on to the 20/f.20 and 38/f2.8.  But I don't know if it is the one you saw.  You
can usually
find some of that stuff at government auctions of old military & scientific
equipment.  The
problem is that you have to bid on microscopes and things not necessarily
photographic.  At
one of the Navy auctions a friend of mine got a Nikon microscope large format
adapter.
Basically by putting a large format film back on it, it became a large format
camera.  The
owner of this studio bought it from him and we built a special large format
macro camera
using a Rodenstock lens.  It was specifically designed to shoot
microprocessors.  Incredible
results.

Phillip Franklin