Re: [OM] Autocollimator tests on filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Autocollimator tests on filters
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 18:32:54 -0800
Dirk W. writes:

<< If I buy some B+W filters, would you test them and post the results?
I'd like to know if the name measures up to the claim. >>

I'll accept a limited number of supposedly "premium" filters to get a
handle on this question. Because evaluating an image through an
autocollimator is subjective, I'll also SQF test them at full aperture
with a 50mm f/1.4 or 50mm f/2 (depending on filter thread) to see if
they are introducing any image degrading aberrations.  Anyone who is
interested should contact me offline. I'm especially interested in
polarizers since these seem especially hard to achieve plane parallel
glass surfaces.  Anticipate a $2.50 charge per filter to cover expenses,
incl. return shipping.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV