Re: [OM] South African Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] South African Batteries
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:21:19 -0000
Paul Reynolds writes, of the supply of PX625's:
> I feel guilty now as I was one of the people who ordered one or two.

That's one or two better than none! Ray said he could have bought 26,000 of
them but thought the excess baggage charge would have been rather high.

> FWIW, I sent a cheque on one day and the batteries arrived two days later,
> not even enough time for the cheque to clear.The risk therefore seems to
be
> less than small.

Thanks Paul, that's encouraging.

> What's the shelf life of these? If it is long I'll push the boat out and
> order some more.

AIUI the shelf life is approximately equal to the working life! So there
isn't really much point in buying one and a spare. On the other hand perhaps
one of our ace techies could advise on storage to maximise shelf life -
would they last longer in the fridge or the freezer maybe?

And some OM content - I went to Bath today to see Ace Optics (advertise in
UK mag Amateur Photographer, www.acecameras.co.uk ) as they had a used F280.
Bought it. Sadly they also had a 35-70 f/3.6 as discissed recently on the
list. They haven't any more. I have. It was a choice between that and the 24
f/2 .....  And the 50-250 f/5 looked very interesting but I decided I would
probably never use it. They also have some PX625's.

John