RE: [OM] Re: vivitar 3500

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: vivitar 3500
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:46:32 -0500

I have an heirloom Vivitar 3500 [came with an OM-2 from my father-in-law]
that's OM-dedicated [marked DM/O at the lower right of the back plate],
with a TTL setting. I want to use this with my newly
acquired OM-4.
Loren, The 3500 will work with anOM-4.
Can I assume that I can follow the OM-4 manual instructions for using
T-series flashes? [manual pages B-29 & B-30], rather than the "electronic
flashes other than the T-series [manual page B-35], eg, operating the OM-4
on manual and disabling the TTL capability?
Yep, set the 3500 on TTL.

I've played with the flash on camera with no film, and it seems to be
working TTL [eg, quenching flash with wide aperture, longer recycle with
small aperture.  The shutter speed OM on automatic setting sounds right
[1/30 or 1/60].  But I don't see the "over" and "under" come on when I'd
expect them.
Everything should be fine.  3500 isn't a particularly strong flash.  Be sure
to match flash to focal length.

loren russell, corvallis, oregon

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH