Re: [OM] SLIK carbon fiber tripod 800-series

Subject: Re: [OM] SLIK carbon fiber tripod 800-series
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:17:58 -0600
"Photo Life" is published in Toronto, see: http://www.photolife.com/

Unfortunately, the web page just has a tease for the tripod article
guess they want to sell magazines.)  Barnes & Noble in Arlington carries
the mag, but doesn't have it in stock now.

I saw two Hakuba carbon fiber models in a shop.  I wasn't impressed with
the locking action and difficulty telescoping legs in and out.

I happened to find that Light-Tec, a commercial photo gear rental house
in the Dallas Photo District has a Velbon carbon fiber tripod (Carmange
-spelling?) for rent: $5/day.  They made me a weekend deal of 3 days for
$10 so I've reserved it for a long weekend trip to Williamsburg, Virgina
in 3 weeks.  Try before you buy - what a concept!  I'll let you know
what I think.

Regards,
Gary