Re: [OM] Darkroom Survey -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Darkroom Survey -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:01:58 -0500
 Mesdames et Messieurs, me permettent de me pr?senter pour le divertissement,
"Le Concours d'l'Urinoir!"

>>> george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/29/00 09:17pm >>>

Oh, how soon we conveniently forget.  You claim you don't remember
saying you hoped I'd get run over by a truck?  This was in your
resignation letter when you took your toys and left the list. Yes, back
then you were espousing that no one should be allowed to drive an SUV.
Cept maybe to the scrapheap.  Don't you remember spouting off in your
endearingly fascistic way?  "I will decide what you can drive!"

Now, you're back (And I swore I heard a collective sigh when your first
message appeared on the list after your supposed self-imposed exile.)
The pompous ass is back, insulting people (not talking about me here,
but am referring to several insulting comments you've made in the last
couple of weeks to other list members) who you feel are not up to your
cranial capacity standards, oh great wizard. And of course you arrived
with a new order of business, CONTROLLING WHAT WE PUT DOWN OUR TOILETS.
Now there's a job you're eminently suited for.  Feel free to stick your
nose in my sewer line any time, to check for contraband.

Now I'll end this diatribe and let you have the last word, as I did last
time. And let me say I wish you no physical harm, as you, civilized folk
that you are, did me.  But I do have a wish: that folks like you, who
think of themselves as better than 'the rest of us', who deign to
believe that they are the chosen ones to lead the ignorant masses out of
their self-created misery to your vision of Nirvana, that **all** you
folks could somehow be gathered up and placed in their own little
country to watch over.  Yes, a large covey of Jan Stienman types, each
smarter than the last, each telling all the others how to live their
lives.  That would be the perfect hell for you.

george

PS: On the theory that it's best to know your enemy, I will not put you
in my kill file.

>From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Jan Steinman shat upon the net thusly:
>
>It does not surprise me that what goes down your neighbor's toilet is on your
mind.

Civilized folk don't write like that.

>BTW, obviously your wish didn't come true - I haven't been hit by a truck
>yet.

You, sir, are confusing me with someone else. Please don't libel on
this (normally) friendly list.

The worst thing about getting the digest version is not being able to
automatically delete postings from consistently rude people.

George, unless you also get the digested version, I'd invite you to
put me in your kill file, since I seem to get on your nerves and thus
elicit rude responses.