QR Plates Re: [OM] ball or pan?

Subject: QR Plates Re: [OM] ball or pan?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:11:55 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:37:06 -0600, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>My tilt-pan head is the Bogen 3030. An advantage of this head is that the
>QR plates are small enough that you can keep one on the camera all the
>time, even when mounting a lens with a tripod mount.  This is a time saver,
>especially considering that in some situations the 35-105 and 85-250 are
>the lenses I switch between continually.  This situation almost dictates
>the 3030 since what's the point of QR plates if you have to remove them
>when changing lenses?

I would encourage Acer (and anyone else buying their first tripod or
monopod head) To give serious thought to what typeof QR plates they
want, particularly if they are considering adding a second tripod,
monopod, or other QR accessory in the future.

In my case, A major selling point of the Bogen 3265 was that it used
the same QR plates as my monopod head (the model number escapes me).
This allows me to simply leave QR plated mounted on my bodies,
motordrives, and long lenses without regard to which support I may
use, and allows me to quickly go back and forth between my tripod,
monopod, and hand held.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel