[OM] List Ethics OT WAS: selling to the list and trouble w/ Olympus Ame

Subject: [OM] List Ethics OT WAS: selling to the list and trouble w/ Olympus America
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:01:00 -0600
All,

Let's consider not getting too carried away regarding list rules.  Please!

I think we've pretty much established that no one wants eBay ads on here.
 Beyond that, it seems like it's many differing opinions with no resolution
in sight.  This list (to me) is a community, and I as a member have to put
up with the quirks, opinions, and idiosyncracies of all of you, the balance
of the list.  Some of the quirks I like, some I get to exercise my <Del>
button on.  Which is far more control than we get in real life!  We ain't
all gonna agree on thangs, which is the case any time you get more than one
person involved.  Heck, I quite often disagree with myself!  But as long as
the benefits outweigh the downers, I'll be here.

How about we go back to using common sense in our postings?  It's worked
very well for a long time on this list.  This list has the fewest published
rules, a consistently knowledgeable and friendly population, and relatively
few prima donnas and rebels.  I enjoy it immensely and would dearly love to
return to photo/OM/Zuiko talk.

However, if we ARE going to tailor the list to personal preferences, here's
mine:
1) All posts begin with "Dear Zuiks and Dave,"
2) Tom Scales gives an 80 0iscount to fellow Austinites
3) Each of you provide 2 nights stay when I visit your locale to shoot.
 Loaning me your car is optional.
4) Everyone remember we're here for photography, OMs and Zuikos, not
pissing contests.

Thank you.  Drive through.

Dave