[OM] Re: Manfrotto 410 Head

Subject: [OM] Re: Manfrotto 410 Head
From: Wm Biesele <wbiesele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:04:34 -0700
> Wayne wrote:
>

> Any other comments about the 410 ?  I have been thinking about one for
> architectural work.

I've had one for several years.  It has a level built on the camera platform
which is handy for
archictural work, the gear drives are quick and include a release for really
quick moves. The
geared head is much easier to accurately frame and compose a shot than normal
pan heads, and the
head is solid without having to crank locking knobs.

The downside is the quick release plate (I don't like quick release plates and
don't want to put
them on all the gear) and the weight and height.

Your mileage may vary

Bill B.