Re: [OM] benbo blues

Subject: Re: [OM] benbo blues
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:28:39 +0000
You have this completely the wrong way round.  If you lower the tripod so
it is splayed flat on the ground the angle variation between the legs is
at its 'greatest', not least.  When set up so the tripod is at a normal
working height the angle between the legs can be equal.

I just went and got mine and set it up with the legs fully extended and in
a roughly equilateral arrangement as you would use when configured as a
'normal' tripod and you wrongly claim the angles would be most
dissimilar.  I measured the distance between the feet - adjusted them
slightly - and there you have it - 1040mm between each leg - no difference
in angle.

Lets go for a perfect equilateral pyramid shall we?  Adjust - and voila!
Exactly the same distance between the base of each leg as the distance
between the pivot and base of a leg (1190mm).

So it 'is' just a matter of getting the hang of it, you just didn't.

Giles