RE: [OM]OM4 viewfinder question

Subject: RE: [OM]OM4 viewfinder question
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:29:42 -0600
> The answer is yes!  Light can come in via the viewfinder, pass
> through the
> mirror and add it's output to that of the light coming from the lens.

I don't think this is  much of an issue. If you'll put your  OM4 on "B", and
keep the shutter  open and mirror  up whilst shining a bright light into the
viewfinder, you'll find that light is going to  have a pretty hard time
finding  its way to the film or photocells - it can't exactly go 'through
the mirror' because with the secondary mirror folded up against the primary
mirror, light is blocked from  coming in that direction.

Where you might have  trouble is with viewfinder  metering - in that
instance a good  deal more light can come in through the viewfinder and
affect  readings.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx