[OM]OM4 viewfinder question

Subject: [OM]OM4 viewfinder question
From: Tatu Laitinen <sara.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:57:39 +0200
Hello there,
I noticed that my friends Nikon F3 has a small (curtain or door,
whatever it is called), in the viewfinder.That can be closed when camera
is fired. I know that some cameras with a meter placed inside the
pentaprism have this feature because a strong light coming thru the
window fools the meter.

In Nikon F3 the metering cell is placed under the mirror very similary
as in my OM4. This seems the make the small curtain on viewfinder window
obsolete as the incoming light can´t make its way thru the mirror that
is pressed onto the light baffles under the pentaprism and the screen.
But is there a possibility of a light leakage on OM4 during the exposure
if strong light hits the viewfinder?

Tatu Laitinen