Re: [OM] Little Gold

Subject: Re: [OM] Little Gold
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:32:46 +0000
Date:          Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:38:14 -0800Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000
15:37:22 -0800 From: Motor Sport Visions Photography
<msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [OM] Little Gold
Labels

In a message dated 2/23/2000 Susan <DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx> writes:

<< Something must be wrong with me......I apparently am missing something
here. i see so many cameras for sale, many of them 20 years old or more,
on w*hich the owner has left the ugly gold inspection sticker ! For some
reason it would never have occurred to me that that label was a thing of
beauty and should be left on! Do they think it makes the camera look
"younger"?? Is this a desirable aspect when you look to buy a camera? My
brother loves them and won't take them off his cameras, so maybe it's a
"guy thing"???

Share with me whether i should leave this on a newly acquired
4T..personally
i think it mars the beauty of the camera, but if it will keep the resale
value higher I'll bite my tongue....maybe....
Susan
how about if i save it on the plastic baggie the manuals came in?? :=)

I hate 'em and removed them as soon I unboxed my new items. Has been
quite a few years now since I bought anything OM new. I did not keep
boxes (fool that I am...some sucker would buy 'em on ebay now), but at
least I do still have (some) manuals. So no, it's not a "guy thing" ;-)

IMO leaving them things on for 20+ years _detracts_ from value but what
do I know, I use my OMs, never have bought any to collect. To each their
own, but to me any lables including "passed" stickers  are simply
packing material. (And yes, they are ugly!)

My .02 cents worth

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com