Re: [OM] RE: great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:48:27 -0600
I find this whole conversation interesting, as I'm buying and selling a lot.
If I didn't get good prices, it wouldn't work.  Am I ripping off the
sellers? I hope not.  I usually tell them exactly what each individual item
is worth to me and then subtract a package discount.  Not necessarily what
it would be worth from KEH or even ebay.  I try to be reasonable, not low
balling but also not bidding too high.  Could they do better sellling them
piece by piece on ebay?  Yes.  Could they get as much as I pay from KEH? No
way.  Am I being unethical? I don't think so.  They want to sell it in a
complete kit and I'm willing to buy.

I think the difference would be if I told a naive seller that their 180/2
was worth $20 but I'd pay them $30, I'd be cheating them.

I don't know. It's an interesting intellectual discussion.

Tom