Re: [OM] Batteries for OM1 etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries for OM1 etc
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:51:33 -0000
John Palmer wrote:

>...Question is - what is the score with these zinc-air batteries? I have
half a
>memory that somebody very recently said something like avoid them like the
>plague, but I recently hoovered out the inbox and can't find it.

They're nearer to the correct voltage than the alkaline types which some
dealers try to foist on you but they last only a few months compared to
mercury types, which last a few years, and yet there isn't that much price
difference. So it's worth trying to find real mercury batteries even at $5 -
$6 each plus airmail from the US. There are a couple of list members who
have offered them - one is Gary Schloss at schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from whom
I've purchased.

In the mid '60s when I was a camera salesman, PX625s were eight for a £1!
Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry