Re: [OM] ???

Subject: Re: [OM] ???
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:06:34 EST
In a message dated 02/23/2000 3:57:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ELogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have an Olympus OM-1 that's about 20 years old. I never got a flash
>  attachment for it, I had another camera with one, and didn't need it at the
>  time. Now I need one! What type of flash do I buy, and do I need anything
>  attach the flash to the body of the camera?  Thanks!

Assuming you have an OM-1 and not an OM-1n, I would suggest a Vivitar 283 or
285 flash. They are a little big, but very versatile and powerful. If you
want to put it directly on the camera, you will need a shoe 1 (sometimes
called a "Fix" shoe). Another option is to buy a flash bracket and use the PC
connector already on your camera (make sure the switch is set to "X" and not
"FP"!!!).

If size is an issue it's hard to beat the Olympus T20 flash. Very small, only
2 AA batteries. It has some functionality you won't be able to take advantage
of with an OM-1 (TTL capability), but may be useful if you ever upgrade to a
TTL capable OM.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings