Re: [OM] Sekonic L508 Zoom Master

Subject: Re: [OM] Sekonic L508 Zoom Master
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 05:56:51 -0500
At 07:10 PM 2/19/00 -0800, you wrote:
I've been looking at that new Sekonic L508 Zoom Master. It seems to be a pretty nice meter. I was wondering if the 1 degrees to 4 degrees Zoom feature was worth the extra
money.

I ususally keep it cranked down to 1deg anyway...

I'm thinking about getting a new meter. It seems my Minolta Auto IV F is going back
to the repair shop. so I going to need a back up meter.

I found the L508 is about the only meter I ever needed. I sold all my other ones when I got the L508. Cuz it does incident in flash and daylight, and ditto for spot. Coupled with in-camera meters I can't see the need for another meter. Unless you're a meter junkie :-)

 I think the L 508 is about $100
more than the L408. I wondering if any one has used this meter. I'm kind of ameter junkie. This thing is supposed to be very rugged. Any comments on this thing. Is there a better alternative for the price? (It's about $429.00, but I might be aable to get one thru a special deal for about $350) I go through batteries quite often on the Minolta, but some say that I'm probably just using it too often. The IV F is somewhat of a battery hog.

The only complaint I have read consistently is that there is no indication in the viewfinder, so when you are in spot mode you can't quickly check out readings and contrast ranges while keeping the meter up to your eye.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at