Re: [OM] Tokina AT-X 28-85/3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina AT-X 28-85/3.5-4.5
From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:05:55 -0500
I owned one of these lenses years ago, and eventually sold it.  I missed it
very much, so I bought another on eBay last month.  I'm glad I bought it!
It's a very nice lens, always gave me easy "snap" focus on any of my OM
bodies in spite of it being somewhat of a slow  lens.  I just love the feel
of it, as a two touch.  Nice snappy aperture and focus as well as zoom
rings.  I have seen it referred to as a "Cult Classic" of third party
lenses, and I can understand why.  I agree with the statements Mike Woodruff
made, concerning this and other ATX Tokinas.  It's a bit heavy, and not a
Zuiko, but it's no slouch, and it's just a pleasure to use! It's probably
worth it to get one and try it, as It seems you may be interrested in it's
zoom range (and this lens IS the best one I've run across in 28-85-or-so
range).
Enjoy!
John