[OM] Re: siliconfilm

Subject: [OM] Re: siliconfilm
From: "Matt Bachofen" <bachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:36:24 -0600
I'm sure this has come up on the list before, but my knowledge
regarding_dpi_ and resolution of digital images is scant.  I'm considering a
good slide scanner and have been told "not less than 1200dpi", but the
numbers seem to be in two directions.  For example, on silicon-film's site
they write:
    1280 x 1024 pixels, captured at 36-bit color depth
Is this any good, and has anyone been keeping track of silicon-film's
progress?
I made sure they knew that OM users want this made for the OM's as well.
Currently, they are only for C#n#n and N#k#n.
m.e.b.