Re: [OM] brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] brassing
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:14:37 -0500
Mike et al,
  I happen to have a used top and bottom from an OM 4T Champagne which I
purchased a while back as a source for parts that I wanted.  I just
re-examined the top and bottom, inside and out.  It is just as difficult
to scratch on the inside as it is the outside.  The only color
difference on the inside is the iridescent effect that many metals get
when exposed to high temperatures to form them into other shapes etc.
The outside, of course has the well worn champagne coating.  I have
worked metals for all of my working life and I am certain that the only
plating on the top and bottom and the ones that I mentioned above.
Rand E.