Re: [OM] a new OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] a new OM4
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:25:23 +0000
I use the shadow and highlight buttonss occasionally.  When taking pictures
of a white car in bright sunshine I used the highlight and when taking a
picture where there was a door partly open with dark shadow through the
doorway.  I wanted the shadow to be black so used the shadow button.

In both instances I got the results I wanted.  I have also used them on
other occasions such as with snow.

I rarely use the exposure compensation dial, I prefer to just bias the
exposure by taking more spot readings of one area than another.

I am learning to appreciate the memory function a lot more.  If I am
taking a series of  photos where the lighting is not changing but the
subject benefits from spot readings - kids playing in a pool for example -
I take the spot reading/s, activate the memory function then just take the
pictures.  I know this could be achieved in manual mode but I find it
easier to do it this way and I can vary the aperture without having to
then alter another control as well.

It really is an ergonomicly brilliant system.

Giles