Re: [OM] Re: flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: flash
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:01:07 -0600
At 12:06 AM 2/11/2000 -0600, Matthew you wrote:
>Do any other flashes have the same pc cord as OM flashes?  Are there
>adaptors?  I'm trying to set up to take Hummingbird pictures and have an OM
>2n with T-20.
>m.e.b.
>
>OOps, I meant TTL cords.  Or rather, how can I connect my OM-2n with TTL
>connector 4 and cord to a vivitar, or sunpak and make it fire?  It needs to
>flash with the thyristor method, as per "Hank" Hogan's suggestion in the Oly
>archives.

I think you have two choices.  1) Try to find a TTL auto connector T20,
which you can mount your dedicated flash to and connect with your TTL cord.
 It is a ritual to find one.  2) Try to find a Duo-Sync cord dedicated to
Oly.  Mounts to your shoe 4 at one end (T20 can be mounted on top) and your
flash mounts to the other end for off camera fill.  Works well in principle
but is somewhat flimsy and rickety in the field.

Unfortunately, the hardware is not readily available.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA