Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:34:15 EST
In a message dated 2000-02-10 2:54:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Skip Williams wrote:

 > I'd agree.  The 50/1.2 seems to be better regarded than the 55/1.2.

 They're different.  I like the way a 55 renders subjects that are from
 about 2 to 15 feet out.  For me, it's easier to compose with the 55. . .
 .subjects seem to "pop" out.  I got the 55 because I liked the angle of
 view I got with the old Konica 57.

 You can take good waist-up portraits with the 55, with a good sense of
 intimacy and 3-D.  Conversely, the 50 might be easier to compose
 landscapes with.  I think the 55 fills an important niche in the Zuiko
 line.

 Morgan Sparks

I had a 55F1.2 and may reacquire it--the fact that it has more mass than the
50F1.2 might (I haven't tested this) allow steadier shots at low handheld
speeds. Also, if one is trying to standardize on filter threads, it would
have utility in a system including the 90 ot 100F2.0 lenses. Too bad there
was no MC version!

Alex