[OM] Focusing screens

Subject: [OM] Focusing screens
From: "Steve Friedland" <sdf@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:56:24 -0600
I hope some of you can help me understand my options regarding focusing
screens.  I have an OM4 and OM1 and understand that I can change the focusing
screens.  I have had the OM1 for over 20 years and just recently acquired the
OM4 on Ebay.  It seems to me that the OM1 has a brighter viewfinder than the
OM4.  Could that have to do with the focusing screens?  How do I determine
which screen I have in each.  Are there any screens that will provide a
brighter veiwfinder?  How difficult is it to change the screens and how much
can a mess up the cameras if I do it wrong?  Thanks in advance for your
thoughts.