Multi coating again / was Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2

Subject: Multi coating again / was Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:09:28 -0800
====The lens quality is reasonably good, but I would always prefer the
slower but multi coated 50mm lenses if quality is important and light
conditions don't make use of the fast lens necessary. The 50/1.2 is
definitely better, too.====

A question popped into my head while reading this.
How many coatings does a lens surface have these days.
Single coating is easy to understand.  With lenses that
do not have a mc marking or green reflection,
could they be at least duo coated and do not reflect the same
as fully coated lenses?
Perhaps what we are calling single coated lenses are
really duo coated or more.  A step up from original sc?
Or have I got this all wrong and should go back to sleep?

CL