Re: [OM] A few things for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] A few things for sale
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:43:05 -0800
In a message dated 2/8/2000 "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< My first real chance to use the 2S.  I ended up using it like my 2,
rather than in program mode, but that's ok.  I'm not sure of the time
I'll want program mode, but when I do.... I needed to travel light, so
that was the only thing I took. >>

I always travel light with my OM2S and it has never let me down. I have
only used Program Mode by accident (i.e. bumping the switch too far and
not noticing it). The AE in the 2S is very reliable and predictable IMO
and I lean on it heavily. Doing racing photography I don't really have
time to worry about exposure much, but using Provia it needs to be as
spot on as possible. I will take spot readings on occasion if lighting
is wierd and tweek the compensation dial accordingly. I also do this
some if I am concentrating on getting a specific car when they are
difficult colors (silver, white, black, etc.) to get good detail.

The 2S is a nice camera...I am guessing you'll like it more and more as
you use it. I should have gotten more than one back in '86 (just found
the receipt and realized I paid only around $200.00 for mine
new...sigh).

On that note, never having owned an older version OM2, can I expect the
same AE charactoristics from an OM2 (no S)? Am I safe to assume that the
OM4 in AE (with no stored spot reading values) would be the same as the
2S?

I know I can count on my old OM1 as a backup but I definately need at
least one more body...if for no other reason that to be able to start
running them through John's shop for long overdue CLAs. My feeling is
that I should get another OM2S or and OM4. Tom, your zuikoholism is
contagious...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com