Re: [OM] OM-2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:38:15 -0800
Toni writes:

<< I'd like to know if the Olympus OM-2000 Camera is a good one for a
zuiko
lenses lover. >>

Welcome to the list.  You are just a few days late for getting in on a
thread concerning that subject. Check out some of the most recent
digests and you'll get an hear full of information.  Bottom line: go for
it.  If you have the money for more (like an OM-4Ti), go for that.

<< although, like some emails I've seen on this list, I think Olympus
SLR
system is about to finish. >>

That rumor surfaces once per year.  For two years in a row I've quoted
Olympus America sources at the Photo Marketing Association who have
refuted it. The only item to be discontinued is the OM-2000 kits with
the 35-70mm f/3.5~4.8 S Zuiko and ever-ready case. The OM-2000 will
still be sold.

Even if the system goes bye bye in a few years, there are lots of
independent repair shops that will continue to offer repairs and lots of
used equipment that will always be available.  And carcass bodies will
continue to provide parts . . .

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV